A young model has filed a lawsuit against a tampon manufacturer after she nearly died from Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS), according to FOX News. 24-year-old Lauren Wasser was rushed to the hospital after a family friend found her facedown in her apartment with a fever of 107, dangerously high. Doctors discovered she had a TSS, and worried she may not make it. Wasser was put into a medically induced coma, but she survived, with one of her legs amputated in the process. Wasser now hopes to increase awareness of the dangers of tampon use through larger and more prominent warnings on boxes in her lawsuit against the manufacturer of Kotex tampons, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Kroger and Ralph’s grocery stores.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding the settlement you may be entitled to.