A young e-cigarette smoker was severely injured when it exploded inside of his mouth in July, according to Cosmopolitan. 23-year-old James Lauria, from Destin, Florida, left work on July 29th to smoke from an e-cigarette when it suddenly exploded in his mouth, leaving him with a fractured neck and finger and burning his cornea and hand. The explosion also burned through his palate, caused a tooth to move up into his gums, and caused first-degree burns on his chest and face. Lauria frequented used the e-cigarette before the incident but had not experienced any issues with it. He was airlifted to an Alabama hospital’s burn unit, spending a week in the ICU. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him, including being fitted for a prosthetic to close the whole in the roof of his mouth.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.