A Splendora man was severely injured after his e-cigarette exploded in his pants pocket, according to FOX News. 22-year-old Ray Emanus was driving at the time that the battery in his e-cigarette vaporizer exploded, which not only set his pants on fire but also his rental car. Luckily, Emanus was with co-workers at the time of the accident and was taken to a hospital immediately for treatment of his burns. For now, he says he is undecided about whether to pursue a lawsuit. This is one of several explosions involving e-cigarettes, and the U.S. Fire Administration has studied over two-dozen similar cases.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.