A Samsung Galaxy 4 burned through a North Texas teen’s pillow after she fell asleep and the phone slipped underneath her pillow, according to FOX DFW. 13-year-old Ariel Tolfree woke up to the smell of something burning, and discovered her barely recognizable phone burning through her pillow and bedding. Samsung’s users manual warns against placing phones beneath any material that may restrict airflow to the device, but Ariel had not read that warning. However, Ariel’s father believes there should be a more prominent warning to educate others. Samsung will replace Ariel’s bedding and mattress and has requested that her family send her phone, which had a replacement battery inside it, to them as part of their investigation.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death suits.