Molly Sandlin and her husband were shocked when their Keller home became filled with smoke due to a fire last year, and even more shocked to find out that their baby monitor was the culprit. MyFOX DFW reported that after the fire at the Sandlin’s home, their insurance company conducted an investigation, and the forensic report confirmed that the Summer Infant baby monitor’s battery had swollen inside and started the fire. Two years prior, Summer Infant made a voluntary recall of the battery in the same unit, but until the Sandlin family contacted MyFOX DFW, the company refused to pay them for the damage their home suffered; after the news station became involved, the company wrote the Sandlin’s a check for the full amount, and claim to still be investigating the monitor’s battery.

If you or someone you love has been involved in a personal injury incident and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law to speak with a personal injury attorney about your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information.