Seeking relief after a diagnosis of conjunctivitis, or pink eye, a 65-year-old Houston man filled a prescription for eye drops at a local CVS Pharmacy. However, he was given a prescription for bacterial eardrops – and is now blind in his left eye, according to WFAA News. Claudis Alston has filed a lawsuit against the pharmacy chain, claiming that the wrong prescription was given to him, which has caused him ongoing pain and irritation, and eventually caused him to go blind in one eye. Alston, whom suffers from multiple ailments, including kidney failure, is no longer able to care for himself, and depends on a caretaker for many day-to-day functions. Alston also claims that despite the lawsuit against them, he has not heard an explanation from CVS for what may have caused the prescription mix-up.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be responsible, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death suits.