Three people have died in Kansas as a result of eating Blue Bell ice cream, according to Buzzfeed. Five adults were infected with a rare strain of listeria while being treated at the Via Christi hospital in Wichita, Kansas between January 2013 and January 2015. Four of the patients had eaten the hospital’s Blue Bell ice cream, according to their records. Three of those patients died as a result of the infection, which is especially dangerous for those with weakened immune systems. South Carolina also saw the bacteria in Blue Bell products during routine testing in February of this year. The products involved in the Kansas incidents came from the Blue Bell factory in Brenham, Texas, where officials have also seen the bacteria in the same product line. Blue Bell has since recalled the products in the line.

If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a personal injury incident, and you believe another person or party to be at fault, contact Haire Law for an evaluation of your case. Visit the contact us page or call 940-484-5555 for more information regarding personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.